Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lagoon Day!

We took Kaden to Lagoon last week. There were a few rides he could go which made it really fun. He tried cotton candy for the first time. He reached in his mouth to see what it was that he was eating, and amazingly...it was gone. He was so confused??
Kaden with his cousin Brielle.


Kaden and his cousin Cooper.

Kaden and his cousin Delany.

I was a little nervous with him on the rides because he is quite the Great Houdini when it comes to escaping. No matter how hard I tighten the shopping cart seat belts, he always finds a way to escape. Luckily he had older cousins who could hold him on all the kiddie rides. We had a great time.
Kaden and his cousin Brielle are on the left and cousin Boston on the right.
While I was at Lagoon I got to thinking about some fond memories I have of Lagoon.
1. Before the freeway was re-done there were green posts on the side of the road that started about 5 minutes before the Lagoon exit. My tummy would always get really excited when I would see those posts.
2. I always felt bad for the sad looking sheep that lived underneath the white roller coaster...couldn't they have found a better home for them?
3. I loved the flying carpet ride. I was sad when they got rid of that.
4. I loved getting the old fashioned pictures with my friends in Pioneer village.
5. Stake Lagoon day was the best. I remember that being the highlight of my summer as a kid.
6. My favorite childhood memory was feeling like I was still riding rides when I was in my bed after a long day at Lagoon.
We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on August 8th. We started off the day with a morning hike to Stewart falls up Provo canyon. It was about 2 miles with only a slight incline which is the perfect difficulty level for me.

Kaden fell asleep on the hike down. It was so cute to see him sleeping the the backpack.
Here is another one of Kaden sleeping and holding onto Rob's shirt for dear life. He had a death grip to Rob the whole time he was sleeping. It was funny.

Our anniversary celebration pretty much ended there because I got sick and threw up when we got to the waterfall. I spent the rest of the day/night in bed. It was a pretty bad deal..not only for me, but for all the people who hiked to the waterfall that day were greeted by a large pile of vomit!

6 comments:

Avree said...

What the heck!? They got rid of the magic carpet ride?! Dangit! Well anyways...looks like a fun day! I wouldn't have thought babies would be able to do much so that's good to know that there are some rides they can go on. I loved all the pictures, Kaden looks so happy! I'm sorry you got sick on your anniversary. Whenever I feel a little sick it makes me want to wait a long time to have another kid because it reminds me of morning sickness.

Annette said...

That hike is so pretty. We need to take the kids up there. So not fun to get get sick anytime, but especially not half way through a hike.

Lagoon was a blast. Thanks for going with us.

Robyn Reynolds said...

I have not been to Lagoon in forever. I need to go especially cause they have little kid rides. Good times!!

Sariah said...

love the Lagoon memories!!! I couldn't agree more with the poor lambs, I always thought that same thing!
Poor sixth anniversary! Not a way to celebrate one's union years past with the stinch of vomit on the breath!
Caden's pic's are so cute!

Meggie Stevens said...

Holy Cow, That was your vomit? I totally saw it that day! Just kidding, sorry you had a bad anniversary. We still to this day have not do anything fun for our anniversary. We are almost at the 7 year mark. It seems like I am always 8 months prego when it rolls around. Congrats on 6 years though.

The Bulkley Bunch said...

Kayden is such a doll! I can't believe we have never seen him.... You guys look like you are having a blast.. I will ask Jake about Jim Gifford. Hope things are going well!