Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too...Happy Birthday Kaden!!!!


Kaden had his first birthday on July 27th. We celebrated with a family party last Saturday. I think Kaden had a blast. He loves all of his presents. Thanks everyone for coming!
I put my Food Network Ultimate Cake Challenge skills to the test. Lets just say I have a little practicing to do.
We let Kaden have the baseball cake all to himself. It was so funny. At first he looked at me with curious eyes wondering why on earth I was letting him put his hands in his food. But after a few hesitant seconds, he dug right in. We had to give him a sippy of milk to wash all the cake down, then we finally had to cut him off (He was looking a little nauseated!). As you can see below, he ate about half of the cake (or at least mushed half of the cake!).




Here he is in his whole birthday outfit. I can't get him to wear a bib on a daily basis, so I don't know what I was thinking when I put this birthday bib on him. He ripped it off as fast as he could so this was the only pic I got with the whole outfit.
Opening presents was serious business. He wanted time to enjoy each toy before opening another one.



On his real Birthday Rob and I took him to Texas Roadhouse for a little saddle-riding birthday fun.

The waitress probably thought we were crazy when we told her we wanted them to sing to our 1 year old. Kaden loved the attention and will probably expect singing and ice cream everytime we eat out from now on.
We ended the day with Kaden's favorite activity...swinging! It was a great birthday and I am sure he will have fond memories of it. Ha Ha Ha!

8 comments:

Avree said...

Wow I can't believe Kaden is one already! He looks so cute in all the pictures, I love how he's so smiley! Hey I think you did great on the cakes! You should have seen my mess of a birthday cake, It looked like a toppling oreo.

kjohnson said...

Wow, what fun birthday celebrations! It's amazing how fast time flies. Have fun on your trip this weekend. You look amazing in your pics by the way.

Robyn Reynolds said...

I can't believe Kaden is one either. He is growing up way to fast. Ava never wears bibs either. Good to know she is not the only one.

Sariah said...

Happy B-day Kaden. He looks so dang cute, little baseball player in training! I especially enjoyed the nauseated bit! His hair is really coming in thick, it looks darker than i remember it being. I'm glade you guys had a blast.

Heidi said...

Holy Cow... didn't you JUST have him? Time gets away too fast. He looks so happy!

ChristySteed said...

what a cute little guy you have! Your family is so cute. Hope you are well. Now we can keep in touch through blogging!

Calli Hayman said...

Ah! He is so cute! I can't believe he is one already! Thats crazy!!

Michelle said...

Looks like he had fun and enjoyed the cake! He has grown up so fast. I love the outfit!