Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Here Comes Trouble

Kaden has turned into a little toddler practically over night. Here he is chowing down on a Twinkie (Bad Mom...I know. It was so cute I couldn't resist. Plus, everyone deserves a little trans fat now and then, right? Don't anyone tell the American Dietetic Association, I might have my license pulled for a stunt like that! Ha Ha).

Here is Messy, Naked Boy. He loves food. I think he would eat a cup of dirt if we offered it to him. I have an electric baby food grinder, so I make the boy food in bulk. I cook up squash, yams, peas and anything else that will puree nicely and he goes through it soooo fast. I can't wait to see how much he eats when he gets older.

Kaden learned how to crawl a few weeks ago. He has been inching himself along for awhile, but has finally mastered it. His favorite spots to crawl are under the computer desk, into a cubby in the entertainment center, and under the table. Anywhere there is something dangerous to touch is especially tempting which makes him a joy to chase around all day.

I caught him in this pose last week. He thought he was pretty clever.

Here is a pic of his new haircut. Sariah gave him a cut a few weeks ago. Thanks Friend! He looks so grown up. I hate it and love it at the same time.

His biggest accomplishment is climbing on furniture. He started doing that about the same time he learned to crawl. I feel like over night I have a toddler instead of a baby. He was able to pull himself up onto the couch once. We were so surprised. I think he got lucky and had his footing just right using the ottoman as a boost. He hasn't done it since and I am thankful for that.
For other news, we have been keeping busy getting ready to move. It is exciting and we can't wait until the house is finished. Rob has been busy finishing up school. Only about 3 weeks left until graduation! YEA!!!

10 comments:

Avree said...

Such cute pictures! Wow I can't believe how big he is already! I'm impressed with his eating, Spencer's been having a "food jag" (as Janet Anderson would say) and will only eat cheerios and bananas. I think if I gave him a twinkie he'd just smash it up. Woohoo for Rob! I bet you two will be soooo relieved to have him finished!

Carly said...

Oh my heck, Kate, he's such a babe!

Angie O said...

He looks like so much fun (and so dang cute, too)!

Jeff and Emily said...

Kate, he's growing up so freaking fast. I love his little smile. I'm so glad you guys are doing well. Talk to you soon!!

Robyn Reynolds said...

That is so fun. I love the pose on the bouncer.

Unknown said...

He's such a cutie! And so photogenic; love the great smiles. I'm with ya on the hair-broke my heart the first time I had Brandt's curls cut even though he still looked so cute with the big boy haircut. Actually, I have the same mixed emotions every time. Isn't it fun to watch them start to figure out how to climb on and under things and see how proud they are of themselves? Enjoy every minute of mischief! :)

Heidi said...

He does look so different as he's getting older! How fun. Good luck when he gets older... he sounds like another Chris (my husband). His mom used to put 4 bottles in his crib, one in each corner, and he'd go through all 4 in one night. It's only gotten worse... that boy has a hollow leg and it's hard to make him a meal where he doesn't say "I'm hungry" after he eats it!

Sariah said...

The busy stage begins! Crawling is one of the cuttest stages, but one of the trickiest. Their mobile and looking for trouble to get into. Your a good mommy cooking up all his food, that just plain sounds like alot of work! Congrats to Rob on school, how exciting!

kjohnson said...

What a good mommy! I'm so impressed with your baby food preparation. Welcome to the toddler phase, looks like he'll keep you plenty busy :)

Meggie Stevens said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. How old is he now? We need to get together soon.