Friday, August 1, 2008

The Story of Kaden's Arrival

I want to share the the story of Kaden's arrival to the world. On Saturday, July 26, Rob and I woke up bright and early at 6:00 am to move into a new appartment. (We obviously were not too excited to move so close to the baby's due date, but we had no choice because the landlords only allow 12 month leases and Rob and I did not want to live there for another full twelve months). We spent the day moving and all day long I kept complaining about how bad my back was hurting. I was trying not to over-do-it, but when you are trying to move, it is hard! By night time I was having some contractions, but I had been having them all week long so I didn't think anything was going to happen. Rob and I crawled in bed in our new appartment, watched a movie, then turned off the lights. It was about 11:15 pm and just as I was starting to fall asleep after the longest day ever... my water broke. The first thing that entered my mind was, "Not tonight...I am soooo tired!" Rob jumped out of bed, got dressed, and grabbed my overnight bag. Then we headed down to the hospital. We were both very nervous, but excited as well. Luckily, after we got settled into the hospital room, and I got some nice drugs, we were able to get some sleep until about 4:00am. At that point, the "fun" started, and on Sunday morning at 9:22am Kaden Robert Bodily made his appearance to the world. It amazing to look at my little baby and feel so much love. I just look at his little face and think that he is the most beautiful little person I have ever seen. I am probably a little bias since I am his mamma. Rob and I have spent the week bonding with our little baby, and trying to get settled into our new apartment. Overall, it has been a crazy week!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you shared this story. I like to hear how it all happens! I always think that you can prepare your whole pregnancy with clothes, baby gear, etc. but you never know when the big day will come - there is no preparation for that one!