Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bad News

So the contract is up on our apartment at the end of July. We are planning on buying a house in the spring so we only wanted to renew our contract until April 30, 2009. We kinda have a strict time frame during which we can buy a house because of this first time home buyers program we are in, so its not like we can just sign another 1 year contract and buy a house next summer instead. We have to purchase a house between march and may 2009. We figured the landlords would be okay with signing us another 9 month lease...oh, were we wrong. I received a phone call yesterday from the landlord saying that he only wanted to offer us a 12 month contract or nothing. I told him that it would be nice if he could work with us a little bit since I am going to have a baby next month so it isn't a very good time to move. He told me that was a personal problem and this was business (Ummm, can you say RUDE!!!). So anyway, I guess we are going to be moving AND having a baby by July 31. Isn't that great!

7 comments:

Carly said...

No good! I'm so sorry to hear that!! Let us know if we can help somehow.

Avree said...

That is so lame! I would think he'd rather just have someone in it for another 9 months rather than have to find someone else, but some people are jerks. Let me know if we can help!

Jeff and Emily said...

Whatever. I am so annoyed with this jerk! Did you guys find another apartment yet? Let us know if you need help moving. That's seriously ridiculous.

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

He is a turd. In my book "turd-is it spelled with a u?" is even worse than "jerk." That is so VERY strange, maybe you will find something even better......in the meantime, when you move, we will help. Tell me when.

Angie O said...

Hmmm...well, to make your husband even more jealous, we are going to a Braves game next Wed. Watch for me on the TV! :)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness katy, that is not going to be fun. Well let me know if you need help moving. We'd be happy to help if we can!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Thanks for all the support friends!!! Rude people stink!