Monday, February 9, 2009

New Toy

I had to buy a new vacuum the other day. When I was using the old vacuum it started smoking and smelling horrible. This behavior was not new to me as it happened about every other month. I figured I just needed a new belt. When I took the vacuum apart I saw that the cylinder brush that spins had melted in one spot and all the plastic had clumped up into a ball. It looked very un-fixable. I was actually glad because that vacuum had been nothing but trouble since I got it. It serves me right because when I bought it I went to Wal-Mart, found the vacuum isle, and bought the cheapest one they had (college student = no $). Here is my new vacuum. It works like a charm. It is bagless so you you can actually see what you are sucking up. After I vacuumed my house when I first brought it home, I was disgusted!!! There was nearly 2-3 cups of dirt/dust/hair/yucky stuff that I sucked up. So, I guess my old vacuum didn't work. Good thing I have been pushing it around for the past 3 years.
While I was vacuuming Kaden was playing on my bed. You can see how excited he was about the new vacuum. A neighbor starting their car outside can wake him up, but me vacuuming in the same room as him puts him right to sleep. Babies are so crazy.

5 comments:

Avree said...

Congrats on the new toy! I did the same thing you did (bought the cheapest vacuum I could find when I was in college) and we still have it. I don't think it really does much because we don't have to empty it very often. But I'm not ready to shell out the money for a new one until it breaks. The picture of Kaden is so cute! Spencer used to be able to sleep through anything but now that he's older he wakes up more easily.

kjohnson said...

Vacuums are a great tool to calm down babies....I found the sound of a running shower works too. Good luck house hunting!

Robyn Reynolds said...

We got the same vacuum and I think it works great. I put Ava in the front pack while I vacuum and she loves it.

Sariah said...

Isn't it amazing how much better it is to clean when you have good tools, Congratulations. Don't act so surprized i'm writting, I'm an active blogger now, every day for like 7 days. You may be proud of me now. By the by, your boy is one handsome little guy.

Michelle said...

That is exciting. Seriously, I was so excited when I got my new vacume. Kyler absolutely loves the vacuum. I have to cage him up because he chases me around the house when I am vacuuming and tries to grab the vacuum.