Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!!!

Yea, the back yard has grass too!!! I am so happy it is done. It was a ton of work. Rob and I felt like pioneers, sent to Lehi, and we needed to sow and till our family farm. We would just rake and rake and rake all the top soil until our bodies just ached. Our ground was SOOOOOOO rocky it took forever to smooth it out. It was crazy.
Rob's great family and some of our neighbors came and helped us lay down sod last Friday evening and Saturday morning.


Kaden loved being in the dirt. He would crawl all over and when we weren't looking he would pull out his binky and eat the dirt. I think I carried him into the sink about 10 times over the past few weeks to rinse his mouth out.

Anytime Rob would dig a hole for a sprinkler head Kaden would wiggle his little bum down into the hole.


We found a fuzzy caterpillar. It is on the end of the shovel. We watched it crawl across the entire yard. It was pretty fast, a lot faster than I would have expected.



Kaden has been quite the character lately. He walks, tries to talk, and loves to tease. He always pulls Rob and my shirts up and tickles our stomachs and says "tikatikatika." He also grabs things from us and runs across the room then turns back and gives a "can't catch me" look.
Here are some pics from a night a few days ago when he was being really silly.


Also, he loves to crawl into his toy bucket. (same idea as crawling into the sprinkler holes...he loves it). I discovered him inside of it for the first time last week. I about laughed my head off.
Well, there is our happening for the past few weeks. I am excited to move my focus toward other activities rather than settling the territory of Lehi!

9 comments:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

So Kaden is really really cute. I just love little boys. I like that his bum went into the sprinkler hole......silly. Your house and yard look awesome.

Unknown said...

Love all the cute pictures! Hope to see you at Thanksgiving.

Avree said...

Wow I can't believe you got grass and sprinklers in so fast! You guys are on the ball! Kaden is such a cute little guy, I loved all the pictures!

Sariah said...

Hahahahaha
A song has come to mind:
"pioneer family sang as they raked and raked and raked aaaannnnddd raked."
I hope you sang that as you were settling your territory! it was a big deal for the pioneers to have their own land, now what kind of crops and livestock will will the Bodily family have to make a live'n?
Hahaha
you are so funny! and Kaden's pic's are so dang cute!

Calli Hayman said...

Luckys!! It looks great kate! And i am jealous- i can't wait to have a house and a yard! Even if it is tons of hard work! Good JOB!!

Annette said...

i love to see kaden's little personality developing-he is such a goof!

Craig and Erin said...

Love it! That was fun family time! Looks greatloveyou guys!

Michelle said...

your grass looks so good!

Carly said...

Kate, I have a feeling Kaden and Dax would be great friends. Your posts crack me up, because it sounds nearly identical to my boy! I love it. Miss you...